Monday 12 April 2010

Course Reflection

The best part of this course is that it has giving me a new definition on what technology integration is. I am beginning to see that simply having the students sit in front of a computer and using it to create weather graphs and draw pictures of different weather conditions is not really technology integration. We could do the exact same things the old fashioned way - with paper and pencil. I've learned that tech integration is teaching kids to use different forms of technology to connect with the world outside the classroom thus enabling them to explore the topics we teach in greater depth. I really like how the course was set up. I liked the readings that we did and the chats I have had with fellow cohort members were meaningful and interesting. It still baffles me that I was in Shanghai and was able to be a part of a course happening in Bangkok and still feel that I got as much out of the session as the people sitting in the room. Being a part of this course has gotten me really excited about technology and connectivity and I know it's only been a month but I can already see a change in the way I tackle and use technology in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment