Monday 31 May 2010

Understanding Web Connections
: Where does the power of the Web lie?


I have used voicethread and blogs with my kids and they think it’s terrific. I was also recently introduced to a program called Story Bird. I love it because we can send it to family and friends overseas and they get to experience a little of what goes on in the child’s classroom. I think the power of the Web lies in the fact that we can stay connected with people far and wide in so many ways. Students regularly skype with grandparents and not only do they get to hear each other’s voices, they also get to see their faces. I have students who love playing with Google Earth and look at the streets that they used to live on. I have yet to show my kids how collaborate learning can truly exist, but I think that would be real cool and help add a whole new dimension to the online world for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment